Skip to content
Facts About Eger
- Eger is the county seat of Heves and the second-largest city in Northern Hungar
- The town is located on the Eger Stream, on the hills of the Bükk Mountains.
- Eger has been inhabited since the Stone Age.
- Eger elevation is 165 m above sea level.
- Eger is twinned with: Dolný Kubín, Slovakia; Cheboksary, Chuvash Republic, Russia; Esslingen am Neckar, Germany; Gainesville, USA; Gheorgheni, Romania; Jericho, Palestine; Kutná Hora, Czech Republic; Mâcon, Burgundy, France; Pori, Finland; Przemyśl, Poland & Sarzana, Liguria, Italy.
- The Geographic Coordinates of Eger: 47.89902°N 20.37470°E
- Eger is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Eger, an ecclesiastical province of Hungary founded as a bishopric in 1009 and made a Metropolitan archdiocese in 1804, by Pope Pius VII.
- Eger is an old Magyar tribal city with a bishopric founded in the 11th century.
- The estimated population of Eger is 53,876.
- The altitude of Eger: Latitude: 47.90319870 & Longitude: 20.37310770