Skip to content
Facts About Pinsk
- Pinsk has formed part of the Republic of Belarus since Belarusian independence from the Soviet Union in 1991.
- In 1954 it became part of the Brest Voblast.
- Pinsk is a city in Brest Region of Belarus, in the Polesia region, at the confluence of the Pina River and the Pripyat River.
- The first mention about Pinsk in written sources is presented in Tale of Bygone Years (Primary Chronicle) under 1097.
- The estimated population of Pinsk is 138,202, as of 2017.
- Pinsk was the seat of a Russian princedom.
- In 1523, Pinsk becomes a royal city, first owned by Queen Bona.
- king Stephen Báthory grants Pinsk city rights in 1581.
- on April 5, 1919, known as the Pinsk massacre, created a diplomatic crisis noted at the Versailles Conference.
- Geographic coordinates: 52°07′ N 26°05′ E