Facts about Arles Amphitheatre:
- Arles Amphitheatre is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Arles Amphitheatre is a Roman amphitheatre in the southern French town of Arles.
- The amphitheatre was capable of seating over 20,000 spectators.
- The building measures 446 ft in length and 358 ft wide and features 120 arches.
- In the Middle Ages, with the addition of four protective towers, of which only parts of three remain, the arena was converted into a fortified town complete with churches and residential buildings, around 200+ houses were built.