Facts about Basilica of Saint-Sernin:
- The abbey of Saint-Sernin was an ancient foundation. St. Sylvius, bishop of Toulouse, began construction of the basilica towards the end of the 4th century.
- The basilica was added to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- The current church is located on the site of a previous basilica of the 4th century which contained the body of Saint Saturnin, The first bishop of Toulouse in c. 250.
- The construction of the Basilica stretched from the XI to the XIII Century.
- As well as Saint Saturnin, Saint Honoratus is also buried here. The crypt contains the relics of many other saints.