Facts About Kapyl
- The postal codes for Kapyl are 223910 and 223927.
- Kapyl was first mentioned in 1274, was a walled town that was noteworthy by the 14th century and is listed in the atlas of Ortelius of 1574.
- Kapyl is twinned with Joniškis, Lithuania.
- On August 27, 1652, Kapyl received the Magdeburg Law and gained its own seal, a coat of arms depicting a hunting horn on a goldfield.
- In 1924, Kapyl became the capital city of the Kapyl District.
- The estimated Population of Kapyl is 9,700.
- Kapyl is known as the birthplace of Mendele Mocher Sforim.
- Kapyl is an urban settlement and the capital of Kapyl District in Belarus.