Aquarium of Genoa
The Aquarium of Genoa situated on the old harbour area of Genoa, it’s the largest aquarium in Italy and the second largest in Europe, standing at 33,000 square foot.
The aquarium was originally built for Genoa Expo 1992, celebrating 500 years since the Genoan sailor Christopher Columbus discovered the new world. The building was designed by Genoese architect Renzo Piano of the Renzo Piano Building Workshop, it was designed to look like a ship that was about to set out to see.
The Interior design for this project was Peter Chermayeff who was leading a design team at Cambridge Seven Associates.
Inn 1998, the aquarium was expanded with the addition of a 100 m ship connected by walkway to the original building.
The Aquarium is the largest exhibition of aquatic biodiversity in Europe, it has:
- 71 tanks
- 15,000 animals belonging to 400 species.
Aquarium is a member organization of the European Association of Zoos and Aquarium (EAZA).
Telephone: +39 010 23451 | Official Website
how to get there
Aquarium of Genoa is located right in the old town of Genoa: the Old Port
- Walking: around a 10 to 15 minutes walk from the city centre of Genoa
- By Train: Genova Principle Station and aquarium is at a walking distance of 5-10 min from main station or get off the train at Genova Brignole station and take the Metro to San Giorgio.
- By Car: Take the “Genova-Ovest ” highway exit and then proceed towards the centre for around 2 km (Via Milano – Via Gramsci).
- By Bus: Bus Services 1, 12 and 13 all have their terminus in front of the Aquarium.
- By Plane: The Aquarium is 7 km from Genoa “Cristoforo Colombo” Airport: around a 15 minute taxi ride away.
|Monday||9:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:30 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Sunday||8:30 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Price||Aquarium Only||Acquario Village||Aquarium Planet||Galataquarium|
|0-3 Year old||Free Entry||Free Entry||Free Entry||Free Entry|
|4 – 12 Year old||€17||€36.50||€24.50||€29|
- Aquarium Only: will give you access to Acquario di Genova.
- Acquario Village: Access to Acquario di Genova, Galata Museum, Biosphere and Bigo Panoramic Lift.
- Aquarium Planet: Access to Acquario di Genova, Biosphere and Bigo Panoramic Lift
- Galataquarium: Access to Acquario di Genova and Galata Museum
Address: Ponte Spinola, 16128 Genova GE, Italy