At some point in our life we end up travelling, could be for business, pleasure or even on a long adventure, you could travel to a town or a city 1 hour or two or even on a gap year around the world, it really doesn’t matter where you go or how far, you end up not having the life style you had before, this could seriously affect your exercises specially when you been going three to five times a week to the gym and running daily, you feel like you are losing your strength. Our normal route is out the window.
While travelling you:
- If you worked out in the gym, now you don’t have access to any equipment
- If you run around your area or park, you don’t have that safe path you take any more.
- Eating healthy, now you travel, you eat what you can.
- Sleeping pattern has changed from the usually schedule now you have to sleep on coaches and planes while waking up sore.
All these things change your life style but a good amount of exercise can bring you back in to shape and ready for a new day.
Here are some exercises you can do any where around the world.
How to Plank Correctly: Get into a press up position, bend your elbows, place yourself on your elbows rest your weight on your forearms and have your feet slightly apart. Make sure your body is aligned, your abdominal muscles are tight, and shoulders are directly above the elbows and down and back, not hunched up.
- side planks to target obliques
- single leg planks
- mountain climber planks
- spider planks
- supine planks.
Benefits of Doing Planks
- Reduce Back Pain
- A Toned Belly
- Improve Your Mood
- Improve Your Balance and Posture
- You May Enjoy Increased Metabolism and Fat Burn
- You’ll Be Happier and Less Stressed
Mistakes made while doing the plank
- Holding your breath.
- Not keeping the correct form, allowing your hips, head, or shoulders to drop.
How to do sit ups Correctly: Lie on your back , Bend your knees and plant your feet hip-distance apart. Place your hands on the back of your head or on your legs.
Sit ups Modifications
- Bicycle sit ups
- Reverse crunches
- Jack knife sit ups
- Military sit ups
Benefits of Doing Sit Ups
- Boost Your Overall Fitness and Health
- Easily Modifiable to Up Your Challenge
- strength and flexibility of the entire torso internally and externally
- targets different abdominal muscles
Mistakes made while doing the Sit Ups
- Moving to quickly while doing the exercise, uses momentum, rather than muscle, Move slowly get more out of each rep.
- Plant your feet firmly in the ground and prevent them from rocking up as you sit up and down.
- Don’t tuck your neck into your chest as you rise
How to do push ups Correctly:Place your hands firmly on the ground, directly under shoulders, keeping your back flat and eyes focused about three feet in front of you to keep a neutral neck, lower and Raise yourself using your arms.
Push ups Modifications
- Wide-grip push-up
- Close-grip push-up
- Clap push-up
- One-leg push-up
- Dead-stop push-up
- Spider-Man push-up
- One-armed incline push-up
Benefits of Doing Push Ups
- Muscle Stretching for Health and Vitality
- Enhance Your Cardiovascular System
- Increase Whole Body Muscle Definition
- Improve Your Posture
- Prevent Injuries
- Increase Testosterone and Reduce Osteoporosis Development
Mistakes made while doing the Push Ups
- Improper arm placement
- You’re holding your breath
- not doing the full rep and only going half way
- Rise your butt too high
How to do Squats Correctly: Stand straight with feet hip-width apart. directly under your hips, and place your hands on your hips.Tighten your stomach muscles, Lower down, as if sitting, then go back up, while keeping feet hip width apart and repeat the movement.
- One- Legged Squat
- Bulgarian Split Squat
- Zerche Squat
- Over-headed Squat
Benefits of Doing Squats
- Increase Entire Body Strength & Muscle
- Improve Circulation
- Burn’s Fat
- Enjoy Better Posture
- Tone Your Abs, Legs and Butt
- Build Healthy Bones and Joints
- Jump Higher
Mistakes made while doing the Squats
- Heels Coming Off Floor
- Exaggerated Knees-Forward Movement
- Knees Moving Inward
- Half Squats
- leaning too forward
How to do Arm circles Correctly:Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms extended straight out to sides at shoulder height;do small backward circles & forward circle
Arm circles Modifications
- use some light resistance.
Benefits of Doing Arm circles
- Improves muscle tone
- help you build muscle over time.
- strengthens your shoulder & upper back muscles