Villa Demoiselle was commissioned in 1890 by Henry Vasnier, Director of the Pommery Champagne Maison, and the Parisian architect, Louis Sorel, was put in charge of this project. The Villa Demoiselle combines Art Nouveau and Art Deco style to give it a unique look. After the completion of the building Louis Cochet took up residence in the villa and gave it its name ‘Villa Cochet’.
After 1970 the building was left abandoned, the building was invaded by squatters. The building started to decay, the walls were full of holes, the windows and doors were broken and the floorboards were in pieces.
In 1980, The house was threatened with demolition by many real estate projects, however, the request was refused by the head of the French department responsible for architecture and building heritage. In 1999 the Villa was put under the protection of the city of Reims.
In 2004 Villa Cochet was brought by the President of the group Vranken-Pommery Monopole, and Nathalie Vranken. The villa was transformed into Villa Demoiselle and the headquarters of Vranken Champagne after its restoration project. The renovation lasted almost five years.
Villa Demoiselle Contact Information
Telephone: +33 3 26 61 62 56 | Official Website |
How To Get There
Maison Blanche train station and Gare de Reims Train Station are both located 35 minutes from the Villa Demoiselle by foot.
Franchet-D’espèrey tram station is located 42 minutes from the Villa Demoiselle by foot, however, you can take the tram line to Cours Jean-Baptiste Langlet street and from there its 25 minutes away.
We would highly recommend getting the taxi from the train and tram stations. Travelling by car you can find parking spaces near Villa Demoiselle.
|Monday||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM -6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM -6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM -6:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM -6:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM -6:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM -6:00 PM|
|Sunday||10:00 AM – 1:00 PM||2:00 PM -6:00 PM|
- Historical sites and monuments.
- Region: Champagne-Ardenne.
- Department: Marl.
- town: Reims.
- Style Art: Nouveau Art Deco.
- Owner Vranken-Pommery Monopoly.
- Recommended Duration: 45 Minutes.
Nearby Things to do
Parc de la Butte Saint-Nicaise is a park and garden, you can enjoy a beautiful and calm walk around the park and you may also stumble upon Tour de la Poudrière, vestiges des ramparts Moyen-âgeux, a beautiful tunnel with pictures on both sides that you can enjoy, the perfect place to take some photographs.
Where to stay In Reims
Nearby places to stay as cheap as possible budget under £100/$100/€100:
- Holiday Inn Reims Centre Located just 400 yards from Reims Convention Centre, Holiday Inn Reims Centre is ideally located in the historic centre of Reims, and it features the only panoramic restaurant in Reims and a bar. check price.
- La Demeure des Sacres Located in the centre of Reims, La Demeure des Sacres is set in a 20th-Century property and offers boutique-style accommodation with a large garden. The Reims Cathedral is just 350 yards from the B&B and Reims Convention Centre is a 10-minute walk away. check price.
- Logis Hôtel Au Tambour Located 1,000 yards from Reims city centre, this Logis Hotel is just a 15-minute walk from the town centre, train station and Reims Champagne Congrès. It offers a heated outdoor swimming pool and private parking in garages. Check Price.
Nearby places to stay at a budget price over £100:
- Grand Hôtel Des Templiers located in Reims, just a 15-minute walk to the city centre and an 8-minute drive from Reims Convention Centre. It features an indoor swimming pool and a sauna. Check Price.
- Les Suites Champenoises is set in Tinqueux in the Champagne – Ardenne Region, 2.7 miles from Reims city centre. Offering 2 sun terraces and a hot tub. Check Price
Visiting Reims? We have other posts that you may enjoy that will be helpful on your trip.
Located in: Vranken Pommery domain. Address: 56 Boulevard Henry Vasnier, 51100 Reims, France | Coordinates: 49 ° 14 ’35 “N, 4 ° 03′ 09” E
[su_button url=”https://www.isolatedtraveller.com/european-cities/Reims” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-circle-right”]Explore Reims[/su_button]
PIN IT FOR LATER!